Tuesday, November 30, 2010

SteelConnect Reconnects

November 30, 2010

After a year of "disconnect," my steel journey resumes amidst local and world events which by any means reconnects to my journey in the past. Day by day, as events unfurled, there seemed to be some significant relevance or parallelism to events observed and experienced in the past. Plus new developments which make my steel journey exciting, memorable and informative.

To resume this month of November is auspicious. A number of big events which helped change the course of the world happened in this time. To name a few: the election of Abraham Lincoln as US president (Nov. 6, 1860) and his Gettysburg address ( Nov. 19, 1863, the fall of the Czars of and the rise of Lenin and Communism in Russia, Armistice Day or the end of World War I (Nov. 11, 1918), the birthday of Mickey Mouse (Nov.18, 1928), which made the world a lot happier, the assassination of America's beloved president, John F. Kennedy ( Nov. 22, 1963, the fall of the Berlin Wall signaling the start of the fall of Communism in Eastern Europe, and America's Thanksgiving holiday which was first celebrated as a national holiday on November 26, 1789, and many more.

Nothing though beats my personal affection to this Scorpio month. November is my birth month and therefore the start of my journey to life. It is also the birth month of many of my loved ones, namely, my beloved mother, my youngest son, my father-in-law, and many other close friends and relatives and former classmates.

It is therefore a month of our celebration of life. It is indeed a Thanksgiving period.

Welcome once again to SteelConnect!

No comments: